How Turkish netizens can access the internet without censorship
Everyone should have the right to internet freedom. The online fields should be a place where people can communicate, share information, and express themselves freely without anyone trying to control or censor them.
It’s all about exploring and discovering things without limitations. Sadly, that’s not the case everywhere. One of the places suffering from internet surveillance is Turkey.
What’s happening in Turkey?
Internet security is a pressing issue in Turkey, where government surveillance and censorship are prevalent.
The Turkish government has implemented various measures to control online activity, including blocking access to independent websites and social media platforms. Additionally, there have been reports of hacking attempts and cyberattacks.
Navigating this web of surveillance might be tricky in Turkey. However, more and more people rely on VPNs to encrypt their internet traffic and avoid detection.
Why are VPNs beneficial in Turkey?
As a cybersecurity tool that hides your traffic, VPN can benefit you in many ways:
- A VPN gives internet freedom
Turkey’s internet censorship laws are strict, but with a VPN, you can break free from these restrictions. Choose any server location and access the web as if you were there, without any limitations.
- A trusted VPN ensures your privacy
Keeping your identity hidden is crucial in countries where speaking freely online can lead to fines & other types of punishment.
A reliable VPN guarantees your privacy by concealing your IP (Internet Protocol) address entirely. Once connected to a VPN server, your IP address becomes untraceable, leaving you altogether anonymous and protected.
- A VPN offers online security
When browsing from a place targeted by hackers and cybercriminals, prioritizing online and device security is critical.
VPNs provide an extra layer of security when it’s needed the most. They encrypt (hide under code) online traffic and protect you from cybercriminals and hackers who may try to steal your personal information.
- A VPN allows safe access to censored content
Government censorship in Turkey limits access to some websites and services.
But with a VPN, you can securely access your favorite services without the fear of being snooped on. Protect your identity while browsing social media, streaming content, or visiting restricted websites with a VPN.
How to choose the best VPN for Turkey?
Want to get the best VPN to use in Turkey? Don’t wing it — here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Encryption — to enjoy maximum security, make sure your VPN uses the best encryption in the market. We suggest looking for AES-256-GCM or a military-grade one;
- Protocols — to prevent connectivity disruptions, ensure your VPN has only tested and trustworthy protocols, such as WireGuard®, OpenVPN, or IKEv2;
- Leak prevention — since identity security is vital for people in Turkey, ensure your VPN has a kill switch feature to avoid any possible leaks;
- Number of connections — don’t let online trackers sneak into your household. Choose a product that supports as many connections as you need and prevents chinks in your digital armor;
- Data limits — to keep your digital castle secure all day, choosing a VPN provider without data limits is essential. That way, you can browse freely without worrying about hitting any limits;
- Server locations — the more server locations your VPN provider offers, the more options you have. It’s simple;
- Anonymity measures — to protect your identity, make sure your selected VPN provider offers additional anonymity measures, such as anonymous payments;
- Features — when connecting from a place that restricts internet usage, ensure your VPN provider offers obfuscation to break through those internet walls;
- Customer support — don’t let internet roadblocks bring you down! Ensure your VPN provider offers 24/7 customer support to help you break through any digital barriers that come your way;
- Money-back guarantee — last but not least, it’s important to know that not all VPNs perform the same. If there are any issues, make sure you can get a full refund.
If you want a VPN that checks everything on this list for a fantastic price — try one of our favorite VPN providers, Surfshark.
- Easy Prey Podcast
- General Topics
- Home Computing
- IP Addresses
- Networking Basics: Learn How Networks Work
- Online Privacy
- Online Safety
When your kid reaches a certain age, they need a phone. Whether it’s because they need to…[Read More]
As a super strong extra layer of security, two-factor authentication prevents a thief who knows your login...[Read More]
In the modern world, we need the internet for daily life. Work, school, banking, shopping, social connection,…[Read More]