5 Reasons You Need an Online Backup Service
An account with Carbonite is an easy yet powerful solution.
Your computer crashes, is stolen or gets hacked…and you lose all the data on it. How do you feel? You’d be crushed if you didn’t have copies of your files somewhere else. But with Carbonite.com, all your data (the way you last saw it!) is stored away safely on a secure computer, just waiting for you.
More than 10 years ago, someone estimated there were 70 million (million!) computer crashes every day around the world.
There are a number of reasons that computer hard drives fail, but the outcome is the same. Whatever information on the computer is usually lost and sometimes impossible or very expensive to recover.
If that were to happen to you, and if you don’t have copies or backups of the files on your computer—all the presentations, spreadsheets, documents, photos, etc.—you’d be fortunate to recover even a portion of your files back.
And you’d have to work hard trying to do it.
As we covered in a previous article, there are a handful of ways to back up files—and each method has its merits—but the best way to protect everything on your computer with relative ease, is to use an online backup service.
And that’s where Carbonite Personal Cloud Back Up comes in.
Automatic continuous backup.
An online back-up service such as Carbonite continuously makes backup copies of your important files (the folders and contents you choose) and stores them remotely in the cloud.
So, no matter what happens to your computer—hard disk failure, malware, lightning strike, theft—you’d never lose your data. It’s safely stored with Carbonite on their computer servers in the cloud, where no one can get it but you.
Isn’t that the kind of peace of mind and security you need?
Better yet, it’s super easy to open a Carbonite account and select what files you want backed up…automatically.
Carbonite is the easiest, safest and most secure way to protect your data.
And it’s just a click away.
Five reasons Carbonite is a great backup solution.
- Unlimited cloud storage. All your files, even large videos, are safe in the cloud.
- Automatic backup. Carbonite is always on, so you don’t have to remember to save files at any point of the day. It takes place even when you’re not thinking about it.
- Easy file recovery. Whenever you want to restore or retrieve a file, all it takes is a few clicks.
- Anytime, anywhere access. You don’t have to be on your “home” computer to retrieve a stored file on Carbonite. Simply go to your account on Carbonite.com from any computer with Internet access and you can retrieve any file that’s been stored.
- Your information is always safe. Carbonite encrypts your stored files; there’s no way a hacker or stranger can intercept, retrieve or read your stored data. Military-grade encryption, using advanced networking protocols and guidelines, prevents thieves from hacking Carbonite’s network server defenses.
Rock-solid cloud security
What about physical security for your data? After all, a cloud is simply a large, remote computer/server that stores data. Carbonite takes great measures to ensure our cloud facilities are safe from physical challenges or attacks as well.
- Temperature control systems
- Emergency generators
- Uninterruptable power supplies
- Restricted personnel access using biometric scanners
- Backed up files from any computer, smartphone or tablet
Easy to get started. Easy to keep on working!
Easy setup. Carbonite takes just minutes to install and configure. Once it’s set up, it works in the background, backing up all your files so you never have to worry about doing it on your own.
Easy file retrieval, restoring. The software will start restoring your files instantly. Even if your computer’s hard drive fails or your laptop is lost or stolen, you can restore your files to any computer with just a few clicks.
Easy recovery from data loss. The truth is, cybersecurity experts are always a step behind hackers. Millions of computers crash or are hacked daily. With Carbonite, you can restore clean files just as they were before your computer became infected.
Affordable. Safe. Smart.
The basic Carbonite plan for a single home user—you and your computer—is incredibly affordable, and there are other plans for more computers, external hard drives and businesses.
Thumb drives get lost. Hard drives fail. External hard drives can fail. And you can lose it all to thieves or fire.
Carbonite is the easiest, safest and most secure way to protect your data. Click here to get started.
- Easy Prey Podcast
- General Topics
- Home Computing
- IP Addresses
- Online Privacy
- Online Safety
If you don't want a website or your internet provide to know what websites you visit, you...[Read More]
VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) exists to help people with their voice-based communication using the Internet –…[Read More]