Want to Submit a Guest Post or Article to WhatIsMyIPAddress.com?
WhatIsMyIPAddress.com attracts more than 6M monthly visits, and we're always looking for more amazing contributors to connect with our audience.
If you have exceptional writing skills and would like to share your expertise with a large international audience we'd love to hear from you.
Please take some time to review this entire page -- it should answer any question you have about what kind of content we're looking for and how the submission process works.
The Basics for Every Post We Publish
Successful guest contributions are comprehensive and interesting posts that teach our readers something new about IP addresses, online privacy, or online. While we tend to skew toward those topic, that's not all we talk about. We're also interested in publishing any topic that the privacy or security conscious person cares about, which includes things like the latest technology trends, online scams, networking hardware explanations, and larger internet trends, among other things.
We also look for a few things in everything we publish:
- Original concepts, compelling arguments, and high-quality writing. We will not republish anything that's been published elsewhere.
- Article reflects the writing style/tone of WhatIsMyIPAddress. We aim to be casual, yet helpful, and typically we stay away from buzzwords, jargon, and overly technical concepts.
- Proper attribution of data, quotations, and outside content referenced in the article.
- No more than one link to your website or your company's website in the body of the post.
- Relevant non-self-promotional links to other sites or sources that are beneficial to the reader are encouraged but subject to editorial review.
The Posts We Accept
- Listicles / How Tos / Action Steps
- Posts that give readers takeaways that are supported by relevant, recent examples, original quotes, and current data.
- While we don't like to put a word count on our posts, they tend to run at 1,000 words and above.
What We Won't Accept
There are some things we simply can't accept:
- Anything that's been covered many times on our site before. Please do a search of our site before submitting your articles.
- Anything that may be construed as a link-building scheme.
- Anything that's too promotional for you, your company or organization.
- Anything that's offensive or inaccurate.
- Anything that's overly critical of individuals, companies, or products -- this is not a site to air grievances.
How to Submit Your Article
Please email support [at] whatismyipaddress [dot] com with the following:
- Your completed post as an HTML file or Word Doc.
- Short author bio including a maximum of one anchor text link to your own website along with relevant social media accounts.
If your article meets editorial standards and aligns with our content strategy, we will respond to let you know your article will be published. That process may take up to 2 weeks.
The Not-So-Fine Print
- Submissions must meet WhatIsMyIPAddress.com's quality standards in order to get published.
- We cannot allow you to republish your guest post to your own blog, LinkedIn, Medium, or other sites afterward. Please share it like crazy, we will!
- WhatIsMyIPAddress.com reserves the right to edit and adapt your guest content as we see fit, and update it in the future for accuracy and comprehensiveness.
- WhatIsMyIPAddress.com reserves the right to include calls-to-action to other content, including but not limited to other articles, newsletters, ebooks, and other content.